SIT20116 – certificate ii in tourism virtual class
The ‘EVOLVE-d’ Certificate II in Tourism is your starting point to evolve your employment opportunities. Focus on learning exceptional customer service, social and cultural sensitivity and safe work practices. Establish a solid array of skills that not only apply to the tourism industry, but transfer effortlessly to many other career choices you may make throughout your life. Our Certificate II in Tourism virtual program commencing in Term 2, is a fast tracked virtual course. Designed to support students who may need extra QCE points to help them graduate.What are you waiting for? Enrol today, we will help you achieve your goals and guide you in the right direction for a successful life after school. This course is delivered exclusively online.
Qualification code: SIT20116
Qualification name: Certificate II in Tourism
Nationally recognised qualification: Yes
Can contribute to your ATAR? No
Can contribute to your QCE? Yes
For more information on contribution to ATAR and QCE, visit https://www.qtac.edu.au/
Duration: 11 week program – One lesson per week (22 classes total)
Units of competency: 11 – 4 core units + 7 electives
- SITTIND001 Source and use information on the tourism and travel industry
- SITXCCS003 Interact with customers
- SITXCOM002 Show social and cultural sensitivity
- SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
- These may be chosen to suit your desired industry outcome, contact our friendly team for details
Delivery: Online virtual classroom – 1 lesson per week over 11 weeks with 3 scheduled class times to choose from (22 classes total)
Fees and Payment Plans
- No cost to student
- Eligibility does apply, see below.
Entry Requirements and Eligibility
- Students must be in year 10, 11 or 12.
- A current Australian or New Zealand citizen who is permanently residing in Queensland;
- Not be currently enrolled in, or previously completed a Certificate III or higher level qualification (exceptions are made for qualifications completed at school, permitting the student can provide QCE with Statement of Results);
- Access to a laptop and internet
Available Campuses, Locations and Upcoming intakes
- Check our Upcoming Courses page or contact us to see when our next intake is.
Work Integrated Learning and Placement
Career possibilities may include:
- Destination marketing
- Museum attendant
- Retail assistant (tourist attraction)
- Rise attendant
- Tour operator
- Tour operator office assistant
- Tourism consultant
Further Learning Pathways
- Complete the Diploma of Hospitality Management
- University pathways
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is available on most Training Evolution qualifications. If you have completed formal or informal training and have knowledge, skills and employment experience in this area, you may apply for RPL.
You will be asked to provide evidence to support your application and our Operations team will assist you through the RPL assessment process.
Credit is also available for this qualification. If you have completed previous study in this qualification, or an equivalent, you can provide a copy of your transcript/s from your earlier study and we will conduct a credit assessment.
How to Enrol
You’ve made a great choice and we’re excited to have you on board! The next is to apply, and we’re here to help every step of the way.
Before you apply, you may need the following:
- Student ID (for current high school students)
- Photo of a Green Medicare Card, Passport or Birth Certificate in colour
- Evidence of QLD residency dated within 6 months (Driver’s license, concession card or utility bill or bank statement with your address on it)
- YOU WILL NEED a USI number – please visit www.usi.gov.au to look up or create your USI number
- Concession ONLY: DVA, HCC or PCC card details if you want to be eligible for concessional prices
- A parent close by to also sign if under the age of 18!
When you’re prompted to select the course (at the end of the enrolment form) you will have the option of 3 classes with different time slots. Please select the class with the time slot option that suits you best.
*Information is subject to change, including start dates and course details. Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that information is accurate and up to date at the time of printing and distribution, some information is subject to change without notice.
We are always happy to help!
To contact us for more information on any of Training Evolution’s many exciting training and learning opportunities, please use the contact form below.
(Fill out details in the form and click submit)