SIT30616 – CERTIFICATE III IN HOSPITALITY traineeship
The ‘EVOLVE-d’ Certificate III in Hospitality traineeship is ideal fo someone who has a passion for customer service and a desire to work in this fast-paced, dynamic industry. Serve up your own successful career in Hospitality with Training Evolution! Gain skills and knowledge integral to operate in this industry through workplace experience. What are you waiting for? Apply today to get ready, get skilled and get paid!
Qualification code: SIT30616
Qualification title: Certificate III in Hospitality
Nationally recognised qualification: Yes
Duration: Up to 1 year duration, full-time
Units of competency: 7 core units + 8 electives
- BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
- SITHIND002 Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITHIND004 Work effectively in hospitality service
- SITXCCS006 Provide service to customers
- SITXCOM002 Show social and cultural sensitivity
- SITXHRM001 Coach others in job skills
- SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
- Elective units may be chosen to suit your desired industry outcome, contact our friendly team for details
Fees and Payment Plans
- Concession: Enquire for price
- Non-concession: Enquire for price
Eligibility does apply, see below.
Entry Requirements and Eligibility
Training Evolution is contracted by the Queensland Government to deliver the Certificate 3 Guarantee – an investment model for the delivery of training to Queensland participants, which will provide a Government Subsidy toward the training cost to eligible participants. Please note, once a Certificate III level qualification has been completed, students will no longer be eligible for a subsidised training place under the Certificate 3 Guarantee program.
- Students must be aged 15 years or above;
- No longer enrolled at school;
- A current Australian or New Zealand citizen who is permanently residing in Queensland;
- Not be currently enrolled in, or previously completed a Certificate III or higher level qualification (exceptions are made for qualifications completed at school, permitting the student can provide QCE with Statement of Results); and
- Access to a laptop and internet.
Available Campuses, Locations and Upcoming intakes
Work Integrated Learning and Placement
Earn while you learn. You will be paid on a weekly basis for the hours of work you have completed. You will be placed in a workplace of your chosen industry to achieve your traineeship. Your new employer will assist you in becoming industry-experienced and qualified.
Career possibilities may include:
- Espresso coffee machine operator
- Food and beverage attendant
- Front desk receptionist
- Front office assistant
- Function attendant
- Function host
- Gaming attendant
- Guest service agent
- Restaurant host
- Senior bar attendant
Further Learning Pathways
- Further Tertiary studies.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is available on most Training Evolution qualifications. If you have completed formal or informal training and have knowledge, skills and employment experience in this area, you may apply for RPL.
You will be asked to provide evidence to support your application and our Operations team will assist you through the RPL assessment process.
Credit is also available for this qualification. If you have completed previous study in this qualification, or an equivalent, you can provide a copy of your transcript/s from your earlier study and we will conduct a credit assessment.
How to Apply
You’ve made a great choice and we’re excited to have you on board! The next is to apply, and we’re here to help every step of the way.
1. Apply for your traineeship of choice here
2. Once your application has been processed our team will contact you
3. Interview with Training Evolution and with prospective employer
4. Once successful, start your Certificate III in Hospitlaity and traineeship hours with employer
Once your application is successful, you may need the following:
- Photo of a Green Medicare Card, Passport or Birth Certificate in colour
- Evidence of QLD residency dated within 6 months (Driver’s license, concession card or utility bill or bank statement with your address on it)
- YOU WILL NEED a USI number – please visit www.usi.gov.au to look up or create your USI number
- Concession ONLY: DVA, HCC or PCC card details if you want to be eligible for concessional prices
- A parent close by to also sign if under the age of 18!
*Information is subject to change, including start dates and course details. Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that information is accurate and up to date at the time of printing and distribution, some information is subject to change without notice.
We are always happy to help!
To contact us for more information on any of Training Evolution’s many exciting training and learning opportunities, please use the contact form below.
(Fill out details in the form and click submit)