FNS40217 -certificate iv in accounting & bookkeeping
A qualification that is here to open the door to endless opportunities. The ‘EVOLVE-d’ FNS40217 – Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping course is a highly regarded, nationally recognised qualification that will increase your skills, knowledge and allow you to work from home in your own time.
Qualification code: FNS40217
Qualification title: Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
Nationally recognised qualification: Yes
Can contribute to your ATAR? No
Can contribute to your QCE? No
For more information on contribution to ATAR and QCE, visit https://www.qtac.edu.au/.
Duration: Up to 18 months to complete
Units of competency: 13 (8 core units + 5 electives)
- BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
- BSBSMB412 Introduce cloud computing into business operations
- FNSACC311 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC312 Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- FNSACC408 Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
- FNSACC416 Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- FNSTPB401 Complete business activity and instalment activity statements*
- FNSTPB402 Establish and maintain payroll systems*
*Unit required for the FNSSS00004 BAS Agent Registration Skill Set
Elective units: These may be chosen to suit your desired industry outcome, contact our friendly team for details
Delivery: Blended (face to face classes with online assessment.
Fees and Payment Plans
- $800 for concessional students eligible under User Choice funding
- $900 for non-concessional students eligible under User Choice funding
- $3500 for students not eligible under User Choice funding**
- Eligibility does apply, see below
**Payment plans available.
Entry Requirements and Eligibility
Training Evolution is contracted by the Queensland Government to deliver the The User Choice program provides a public funding contribution towards the cost of training and assessment for eligible Queensland apprentices and trainees. Please note, once a qualification has been completed using User Choice funding, students will no longer be eligible for a subsidised training place under the program.
- Students must be age 18+ at commencement;
- A current Australian or New Zealand citizen who is permanently residing in Queensland;
- Not be currently enrolled in, or previously completed a Certificate III or higher level qualification User Choice program; and
- Access to a laptop and internet.
Available Campuses, Locations and Upcoming intakes
At a workplace.
Work Integrated Learning and Placement
Earn while you learn. You will be paid on a weekly basis for the hours of work you have completed. You will be placed in a workplace of your chosen industry to achieve your traineeship. Your new employer will assist you in becoming industry-experienced and qualified.
Career possibilities may include:
- Accounts clerk
- Accounting support officer
- Payroll officer
Further Learning Pathways
- Further tertiary education
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is available on most Training Evolution qualifications. If you have completed formal or informal training and have knowledge, skills and employment experience in this area, you may apply for RPL.
You will be asked to provide evidence to support your application and our Operations team will assist you through the RPL assessment process.
Credit is also available for this qualification. If you have completed previous study in this qualification, or an equivalent, you can provide a copy of your transcript/s from your earlier study and we will conduct a credit assessment.
How to Enrol
You’ve made a great choice and we’re excited to have you on board! The next is to apply, and we’re here to help every step of the way.
Before you apply, you may need the following:
- Student ID (for current high school students)
- Photo of a Green Medicare Card, Passport or Birth Certificate in colour
- Evidence of QLD residency dated within 6 months (Driver’s license, concession card or utility bill or bank statement with your address on it)
- YOU WILL NEED a USI number – please visit www.usi.gov.au to look up or create your USI number
- Concession ONLY: DVA, HCC or PCC card details if you want to be eligible for concessional prices
- A parent close by to also sign if under the age of 18!
So that we can help you best, please contact us below to start your enrolment process.
*Information is subject to change, including start dates and course details. Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that information is accurate and up to date at the time of printing and distribution, some information is subject to change without notice.
We are always happy to help!
To contact us for more information on any of Training Evolution’s many exciting training and learning opportunities, please use the contact form below.
(Fill out details in the form and click submit)