emporium academy diploma of hospitality management
The beginning of an EVOLVE-d journey, possibilities become reality, imagination evolves into fruition and opportunities are developed into creating career pathways. Experience the essence of excellence while undertaking work experience at the renowned, multi-award winning Emporium Hotel.
The ‘EVOLVE-d’ SIT50416 – Diploma of Hospitality Management invites you into the world of hospitality, tourism and events. Evolve your employment opportunities in these vibrant and rapidly growing enterprises. Enquire for enrolment options.
Qualification code: SIT50416
Qualification title: Diploma of Hospitality Management
Nationally recognised qualification: Yes
Duration: 1 year
Units of competency: 28 units (13 core units + 15 electives)
- BSBDIV501 Manage diversity in the workplace
- BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan
- SITXCCS007 Enhance customer service experiences
- SITXCCS008 Develop and manage quality customer service practices
- SITXCOM005 Manage conflict
- SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget
- SITXFIN004 Prepare and monitor budgets
- SITXGLC001 Research and comply with regulatory requirements
- SITXHRM002 Roster staff
- SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people
- SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations
- SITXMGT002 Establish and conduct business relationships
- SITXWHS003 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- These may be chosen to suit your desired industry outcome, contact our friendly team for details.
- Includes RSA and First Aid certificates (valued at $140)
Delivery: Blended learning (face to face classes with online assessment) and work experience at the Emporium hotel
Fees and Payment Plans
- Concessional co-contribution: $2600*
- Non-concessional co-contribution: $3000*
*Payment plans available
Eligibility does apply, see requirements below
Entry Requirements and Eligibility
The Higher Level Skills program is an initiative of and funded by the Queensland Government. Please note, once a Certificate IV or higher level qualification has been completed, students will no longer be eligible for a subsidised training place under the Higher Level Skills program. Students must be aged 15 years or above, no longer enrolled at school and be a current Australian or New citizen who permanently residing in Queensland.
- Students must be aged 15 years or above, if under 18 at commencement, a parent/guardian must provide signed consent.
- No longer enrolled at school;
- A current Australian or New Zealand citizen who is permanently residing in Queensland;
- Not be currently enrolled in, or previously completed a Certificate IV or higher level qualification (exceptions are made for qualifications completed at school, permitting the student can provide QCE with Statement of Results); and
- Access to a laptop and internet.
Available Campuses, Locations and Upcoming intakes
Milton Campus and work experience at Emporium Southbank
- Training days: 3 days per/week; 2 days Milton campus, 1 day work experience
- Class times: 9am – 4pm
Work Integrated Learning and Placement
Work-placement forms an integral part of the completion of this program, this includes the requirement of 36 service periods.
Career possibilities may include:
- Motel manager
- Gaming manager
- Sous chef
- Restaurant manager
- Banquet manager
- Functions manager
- Cafe or restaurant manager
- Bar manager
- Chef de cuisine
- Chef patissier
- Club manager
- Executive housekeeper
- Front office manager
- Kitchen manager
- Unit manager (catering operations)
Further Learning Pathways
- After the successful completion of the Diploma of Hospitality Management, students will be able to enrol into the Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management and/or other advance Diploma qualifications
- Complete a Certificate III Business prior
- University pathways
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is available for all formal qualifications. If you have completed formal and/or informal training and have knowledge, skills and employment experience in this area, you may apply for RPL.
You will be asked to provide evidence to support your RPL application, and one of our qualified Assessor’s will assist you through the RPL assessment process.
Credit Transfers also form a part of the RPL assessment process. If you have completed previous formal study within a Vocational qualification, and you can provide a copy of your qualification we will conduct a credit transfer assessment which may lessen the number of units you will need to complete your qualification.
How to Enrol
You’ve made a great choice and we’re excited to have you on board! The next is to apply, and we’re here to help every step of the way.
Before you apply, you may need the following:
- Student ID (for current high school students only)
- Photo of a Green Medicare Card, Passport or Birth Certificate in colour
- Evidence of QLD residency dated within 6 months (Driver’s license, concession card or utility bill or bank statement with your address on it)
- YOU WILL NEED a USI number – please visit www.usi.gov.au to look up or create your USI number
- Concession ONLY: DVA, HCC or PCC card details if you want to be eligible for concessional prices
- A parent close by to also sign if under the age of 18!
- Use this code to enrol: 2022-DOHM-EMP
*Information is subject to change, including start dates and course details. Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that information is accurate and up to date at the time of printing and distribution, some information is subject to change without notice.
We are always happy to help!
To contact us for more information on any of Training Evolution’s many exciting training and learning opportunities, please use the contact form below.
(Fill out details in the form and click submit)