SIT20316 – Certificate II in hospitality
Choosing your career pathway can be overwhelming. That’s why we provide the stepping stones to your future through Vocational Education and Training in School (VETiS). Get skilled and supported whilst still studying at school.
The ‘EVOLVE-d’ SIT20316 – Certificate II in Hospitality course is your starting point to evolve your employment opportunities. Focus on learning exceptional customer service, safe work practices and how to work with others effectively. Establish a solid array of skills that not only apply to the hospitality industry, but transfer effortlessly to many other career choices you may make throughout your life. Pursue a career confidently.
Qualification code: SIT20316
Qualification title: Certificate II in Hospitality
Nationally recognised qualification: Yes
Can contribute to your ATAR? Yes
Can contribute to your QCE? Yes
For more information on contribution to ATAR and QCE, visit https://www.qtac.edu.au/.
Duration: up to 1 Semester
Units of competency: 12 (6 core + 6 electives to suit outcome)
- BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
- SITHIND002 Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITHIND003 Use hospitality skills effectively
- SITXCCS003 Interact with customers
- SITXCOM002 Show social and cultural sensitivity
- SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
- Various units chosen to suit the desired outcome, contact our Operations team for a detailed list of units.
Delivery: Face to face classes with online assessment or online virtual classroom.
Fees and Payment Plans
The Certificate II in Hospitality has no course cost under VETiS funding, eligibility does apply, see below for more information.
Entry Requirements and Eligibility
Training Evolution is contracted by the Queensland Government to deliver the Vocational Education and Training in School (VETiS) – an investment model for the delivery of training to Queensland participants, which will provide a Government Subsidy toward the training cost to eligible participants. Please note, the VET investment budget will provide funding for students to complete one VETiS qualification listed on the Queensland Training Subsidies List while at school.
- Students must be in Year 10, 11 or 12;
- A current Australian or New Zealand citizen who is permanently residing in Queensland;
- Not be currently enrolled in, or previously completed a Certificate II VETiS program; and
- Access to a laptop and internet.
Available Campuses, Locations and Upcoming intakes
- Check our Upcoming Courses page or contact us to see when we are running the course at our campus
Work Integrated Learning and Placement
- 12 service periods.
- Dependent on location, we can organise an excursion to one of our major clients; Dreamworld or Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary for an Indigenous Culture day.
- Find out how you can wind spending a night at Tangalooma Island Resort to experience the excitement of a real live working environment.
Career possibilities may include:
- Bar attendant
- Cafe attendant
- Catering assistant
- Food and beverage attendant
- Front office assistant
- Room attendant
Further Learning Pathways
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is available on most Training Evolution qualifications. If you have completed formal or informal training and have knowledge, skills and employment experience in this area, you may apply for RPL.
You will be asked to provide evidence to support your application and our Operations team will assist you through the RPL assessment process.
Credit is also available for this qualification. If you have completed previous study in this qualification, or an equivalent, you can provide a copy of your transcript/s from your earlier study and we will conduct a credit assessment.
How to Enrol
You’ve made a great choice and we’re excited to have you on board! The next is to apply, and we’re here to help every step of the way.
Before you apply, you may need the following:
- Student ID (for current high school students)
- Photo of a Green Medicare Card, Passport or Birth Certificate in colour
- Evidence of QLD residency dated within 6 months (Driver’s license, concession card or utility bill or bank statement with your address on it)
- YOU WILL NEED a USI number – please visit www.usi.gov.au to look up or create your USI number
- Concession ONLY: DVA, HCC or PCC card details if you want to be eligible for concessional prices
- A parent close by to also sign if under the age of 18!
So that we can help you best, please contact us below to start your enrolment process.
*Information is subject to change, including start dates and course details. Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that information is accurate and up to date at the time of printing and distribution, some information is subject to change without notice.
We are always happy to help!
To contact us for more information on any of Training Evolution’s many exciting training and learning opportunities, please use the contact form below.
(Fill out details in the form and click submit)