SITSS00017 – FOOD safety supervisor skill set
The ‘EVOLVE-d’ SITSS00017 – Food Safety Supervisor Skill Set course equips participants with the understanding of rules and regulations around safe food handling as well as the ability to supervise other staff to do the same. This skill set is ideal for any person already working in industry. Under the Food Act, every licensable food business in Queensland is required to have a Food Safety Supervisor. Ensure you are current in industry and competitive in the market with this integral skill set.
- Use hygienic practices for food safety
- Participate in safe food handling practices
Nationally recognised qualification: Valid in Queensland only
Can contribute to your ATAR? No
Can contribute to your QCE? No
For more information on contribution to ATAR and QCE, visit https://www.qtac.edu.au/.
Duration: 8 hours
- Units of competency: 2
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices
Delivery: Face to face classes with online assessment.
Fees and Payment Plans
Entry Requirements and Eligibility
Training Evolution is contracted by the Queensland Government to deliver the Vocational Education and Training in School (VETiS) – an investment model for the delivery of training to Queensland participants, which will provide a Government Subsidy toward the training cost to eligible participants. Please note, the VET investment budget will provide funding for students to complete one VETiS qualification listed on the Queensland Training Subsidies List while at school.
- Students must be in Year 10, 11 or 12;
- A current Australian or New Zealand citizen who is permanently residing in Queensland;
- Not be currently enrolled in, or previously completed a Certificate II VETiS program; and
- Access to a laptop and internet.
Available Campuses, Locations and Upcoming intakes
- Check our Upcoming Courses page or contact us to see when we are running the course at our campus
Work Integrated Learning and Placement
Observations must occur in an industry setting.
Career possibilities may include:
- Food Safety Supervisor
Further Learning Pathways
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is not available on this short course as it is a single unit of competency.
How to Enrol
You’ve made a great choice and we’re excited to have you on board! The next is to apply, and we’re here to help every step of the way.
Before you apply, you may need the following:
- Student ID (for current high school students)
- Photo of a Green Medicare Card, Passport or Birth Certificate in colour
- Evidence of QLD residency dated within 6 months (Driver’s license, concession card or utility bill or bank statement with your address on it)
- YOU WILL NEED a USI number – please visit www.usi.gov.au to look up or create your USI number
- Concession ONLY: DVA, HCC or PCC card details if you want to be eligible for concessional prices
- A parent close by to also sign if under the age of 18!
So that we can help you best, please contact us below to start your enrolment process.
*Information is subject to change, including start dates and course details. Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that information is accurate and up to date at the time of printing and distribution, some information is subject to change without notice.
We are always happy to help!
To contact us for more information on any of Training Evolution’s many exciting training and learning opportunities, please use the contact form below.
(Fill out details in the form and click submit)